PDF Expert for Mac supports several ways to open PDF files.
- Drag and drop. On the ‘New tab’ screen, drag-n-drop any PDF file from Finder to a highlighted area.
- Open directly. On a ‘New tab’ screen, press ‘Select ﬁle…’ and choose a document from the ﬁle selection window.
- Drag the file to the Dock icon. When PDF Expert is in your Dock, drag-n-drop the PDF ﬁle on the PDF Expert icon and the ﬁle will be opened in a new tab.
- Click 'File' in the upper menu and select “Open” or use the “Cmd+O” shortcut.
- Double-click any PDF file to open it if PDF Expert is set as a default PDF reader.
- There is also a setting to open a new window instead of a new tab when opening a new document. For this, you can simply drag the tab with the file outside the PDF Expert viewer and it will get opened as a new window.
You may choose one option that suits your workflow best or use all of them.
To open a file in PDF Expert, tap the plus button at the bottom right corner and choose where to import a file from.
Also, it's possible to open files in PDF Expert through the other apps' share option. Open the needed file, tap the share icon and choose PDF Expert from the list. If there isn't PDF Expert, tap More and look for it in the expanded list.