On some occasions, the Documents app might have problems with performance resulting in crashes - here are some troubleshooting steps to try.
Other solutions would be the following:
- Try disabling iCloud for Documents app: open iOS settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive > disable Documents toggle.
- Enable the Airplane mode and disable automatic sync in the app's settings > Clouds & Connections section.
- If the app crashes because of processing a lot of data via Indexing, try disabling the toggle: Documents settings > File Manager > toggle off Indexing.
- If the app doesn't open after getting stuck on a particular file, try opening any file in another app via the Open In extension - it's a system option you might see when tapping the Share or Actions button in another app.
If none of it helps, please send us the crash logs by following the steps below - we're happy to help you personally.
- Open the iOS Settings app > Privacy > scroll down and tap Analytics & Improvements > Analytics data.
- Find the latest Documents app crash log and send it at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, describe the issue. In the subject line, type "Documents crashes". We will get back to you as soon as we can.