First things first. We don’t sell or unlawfully share your personal data with any third parties.
The Documents app is fully GDPR and CCPA compliant. We take all the required security measures to protect your data.
Principles of working with our Customers’ Data
We value the trust of our users and always rely on these principles while working with your data:
- Purpose limitation. The Documents app uses your data only to provide you with amazing services and features. Also, the Documents team is using the anonymized analytics in order to create better experiences and to optimize the product. We don’t use your data for any other purposes.
- Data minimization. We won’t ask for more data than is needed to provide you with the service.
- Honesty and transparency. We are always clear about what data we collect and why.
- Security. We use the recommended industry practices to keep your data safe.
- Respect for your rights. The Documents app is fully GDPR and CCPA compliant, and you have the right to get access to your data or require its deletion. We are committed to dealing with all privаcy requests promptly and transparently.
The data we collect
Kindly note that all your files are stored locally on the device and no data of any kind is transmitted to or stored by our servers.
Readdle only collects statistical information regarding our applications, in order to better understand general usage patterns. For example, how many users have installed Documents and/or are using it at any given time. The info helps us make the app more effective and user-friendly.
We use pseudonymization and one-way hashing of statistical data wherever possible and, unless you have provided us with additional information, are unable to positively identify any of your data.
We never collect any personal data, such as email addresses, names, or any profiling data without your explicit consent. Also, whereas we use analytics software tools that provide us with the appropriate information, we, in turn, don't provide any third parties with user behavior details.
Frequently Asked Privacy Questions
Do you have access to my files and folders?
We never have access to your files and folders unless you manually send some of them to our Support Team for issues investigation. For issues investigation and upon your wish, you can also manually send us the detailed logs which may contain information about the documents' names. Crash logs generated by our system do not contain any parts of your documents.
Do you create backups and store my files on your servers?
We do not create backups and do not store any data of any kind on our servers. All your files are stored locally on your device unless you manually choose to share them with some third-party services like DropBox, Google Drive, etc.
The communication between your cloud storage provider and the application on your device is also performed directly per your cloud service provider’s security requirements, here you can find some of them:
Do you use Facebook SDK and why?
Facebook SDK is used to identify the source of installations only, and no personal information is shared with Facebook or collected for our usage.
Is Documents VPN safe? Who is your VPN provider?
We are always ready to assist with any of your Privacy questions - just drop us a line at email@example.com.