Documents lets you securely transfer and sync files between your Mac and iOS device via SFTP.
First, enable the SFTP server on your Mac:
- Go to System Preferences.
- Select Sharing.
- Tick Remote Login.
Once SFTP server is enabled on your Mac, please follow the steps below to connect Documents to your computer:
- Open Documents on your iPad or iPhone and tap the Plus button > Add Connection .
- Tap SFTP Server.
- Type in your Mac hostname in the Host field (you can also find it under Available Devices by tapping this icon ).
- Provide your Mac login and password (credentials for logging into your Mac account).
- Tap Save to create a connection.
If you'd like to set up two-way sync with your Mac, please follow these steps:
- On your iPad, tap your Mac SFTP server on the sidebar. On your iPhone, tap the corresponding folder in the My Filessection of Documents.
- Navigate to the folder you'd like to sync with and open it.
- Tap Sync at the top.