When you connect to the internet through a VPN, all your data traffic is sent through an encrypted and secure virtual tunnel. As a result, nobody can see neither your IP address nor what you are doing online. The VPN adds an extra layer of protection to your internet connection, so you can browse the web safely and access your favorite websites and services from any location.
Set up a VPN with Documents
Set up a VPN with Documents:
- Open the Documents app.
- Jump to the VPN tab.
- Tap the big Start button.
That’s it! Documents automatically selects the fastest server for you. Meanwhile, you can also pick a different server location if you need to bypass certain geo-restrictions. To do it, tap the first tab under the on and off button and choose one of the 27 countries from the list.
Free functionality & subscription
Documents offers two traffic plans for VPN:
- Free plan with 50 MBs (renews daily). When MBs expire, VPN automatically turns off.
- Unlimited VPN with Documents Plus. VPN comes as a part of the Documents Plus subscription which gives such superpowers as VPN, Reading Mode, and advanced PDF editor.
Important note for existing subscribers: Those of you who previously subscribed to professional PDF tools in Documents can still benefit from these features on the terms and price you had before. You can also upgrade your plan to get a VPN.
If you’re experiencing any issues with a VPN service, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the latest Documents version installed.
- Check if your internet connection is stable and retry the VPN connection. If that doesn’t help, try different server locations to connect. Ideally, you should connect to a VPN server that’s close to you, like in a neighboring country.
- If you use a free traffic plan, make sure your daily 50 MBs didn’t expire. Otherwise, Documents disconnects VPN till the end of the day.
- Reboot your device and retry the connection.
If it still doesn’t resolve the situation, please contact us and we’ll help you personally ASAP.