If the Documents app doesn’t respond or freezes, select your case and follow the steps to solve this issue straight away, or get help from our Support Team.
If the app freezes on a certain tool or action
Note: The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that helps, and then continue to the next one if it doesn't.
- Force Quit the app on your device.
- Please make sure to hard reboot your iPhone or your iPad.
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message to our support team, describe the issue you are experiencing with Documents.
If the app freezes while loading a file
- Check if the file contains vector graphics. These are either diagrams and graphs or the text that doesn't look blurry or pixelated even if you zoom it in drastically. Such a file can also look like a checkered background - in this case, it means that the graphics are heavy and our app needs some time to load the content.
- If it's a PDF, try opening this file in the iBooks app - this is a standard iOS app that uses the same system component as we do:
- If the file looks the same in the iBooks app, the problem is file-specific. We're sure that Apple is aware of such cases and a new iOS update might fix the problem - still, you may want to contact Apple Support to make sure your vote is added for the fix they have registered.
- If the file looks good in the iBooks app but freezes in the Documents app, please contact us at email@example.com and, if possible, share the affected file with us - we're happy to help you personally. If the file's size is too big for sending it over email, you can upload it to any cloud storage service and share a link with us - e.g., you can use the WeTransfer service.