There might be cases when the connection via Wi-Fi Transfer can't be established with your PC - there are some steps you can take in order to fix it. The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that helps, and then continue to the next one if it doesn't.
- First, make sure that both your device and your PC are connected to the same network.
- Check if you're using the latest version of your browser. If updating it doesn't change the situation, check if the connection works in other browsers.
- If you're using Mozilla Firefox, try to use Wi-Fi Transfer after disabling these extensions in your browser: Help > Restart with Add-ons disabled. If you're using Safari, go to Preferences > Extensions > deselect the extension's checkbox. For Chrome, go to More > More tools > Extensions > Remove.
- Please clean cookies and the search history of your browser.
- Check if you can connect to your PC via IP address instead of the PIN code - this option can be found in Documents > Settings > WebDAV Server.
- Disable your Firewall and VPN as they might be the core of the problem.
If none of these points seems to work, please drop us a line at email@example.com and we'll get in touch to help.