Living in an age of digital freedom and limitless access to information, we have to process hundreds of data pieces daily. This might be challenging and time-consuming, as well as stressful. Since day one, Documents has been aiming to make paperless routines easy and effortless - our app is a powerful hub for all kinds of files you might be dealing with.
You can access, alter, store your files in our app or share them on the spot if needed - the more options you have, the more important is file management.
Till now, different entry points to the app - browser, Share menu, cloud storages, Connect to Computer, etc. - led to different folders in Documents. Now the app offers a great solution for the organization of the various incoming files - all the data immediately go to Inbox, a brand new hub inside My Files.
What is Inbox?
Inbox is the default destination for all new files in the Documents app - this includes downloads, files shared from other apps, cloud storage accounts, Connect to Computer, AirDrop, and Nearby. Moreover, you can also move the existing files from other locations in the app to Inbox in order to manage your files more efficiently later.
We’ve based this feature on three core principles: capture, organize, engage. The folder automatically sorts your files by date added - this is a smart temporary hub from where you can engage with the data, sort it, move it, or store it there. All the Actions are available once you tap the three dots icon next to the file’s thumbnail. You can also select multiple files and work in batches.
Tips for organizing
As soon as you get an idea of how Inbox works for you personally and your workflow, you can come up with your own categories for different areas of life:
- Create folders and subfolders for important work papers, lecture materials, receipts, scans, audiobooks, video collections, and many more
- Use the Actions menu to markup, convert, rename, compress the file on the spot or move it to another location to deal with it later.
- Mark some of the files in terms of importance while you’re going through the contents: use the Highlight with Color option or tap the Star icon to mark your file or folder as Favorite. Both these features can be found in the Actions menu under the three dots icon.
- Mark the files as read/unread in Inbox to see what you’ve processed already and what needs your attention.
- Use Swipes to make your workflow even faster - currently, these are the available swipes and actions you can cover with them:
- Swipe right to move the file or mark it as unread.
- Swipe left to delete a file.
- Use the Badge on your Inbox folder to see if you have any unread files.