You can copy files between your computer and the Documents app on your iOS or iPadOS device using File Sharing.
Note: If you're using macOS Catalina or later, use the Finder to share files between your computer and your iOS or iPadOS device instead of iTunes.
How to use iTunes for file sharing:
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer using the USB cable that came with your device.
- Click your device in iTunes (under the top-toolbar slider).
- In the left sidebar, click File Sharing.
- Select Documents, then do one of the following:
- To copy files from your computer to Documents, drag and drop files from a folder or window onto the Documents list.
- To copy files from Documents to your computer, drag and drop files from the Documents list to a folder or window on your computer.