This article will lead through the steps to push scans back to Scanner Pro or Scanner Mini if they seem to disappear from the app.
By default, Scanner backs up your files by uploading them to iCloud so that you certainly don’t lose the files while, for example, reinstalling or updating the app. Unless this setting is disabled later on while using the app, all your scans are kept in iCloud and that’s why it can take some time for them to appear in your Scanner app.
How to push the scans kept in iCloud to load to Scanner
- Launch Scanner and keep it open for a little time (it may take up to 5 minutes).
- If the scans are not back, please go to the Scanner Settingsand toggle the Use iCloud for Sync and Store Scans in iCloud Drive options off and on again. If you don’t see these toggles there, check out this article.
- If the previous step does not help, please enable & disable the Airplane mode to push the scans download.
If there are still no scans in Scanner, check if the scans are available in the iCloud Drive web version. If it is so, please follow the steps below to re-login from iCloud to refresh its settings:
- Launch Scanner and go to the app settings (gear button at the top left). Make sure that Use iCloud and Share with iCloud drive toggles are on.
- Open the system Settings app on your iOS device > Tap the account section at the top > Sign Out > Enter the password for your Apple ID > Turn off > Toggle all the options to keep your data on your device > tap Sign out at the top right > tap Sign Out on the pop-up screen > Wait till the data would be copied to the device (this steps would ensure that the files are saved and won’t be deleted after iCloud reconnection).
- Reboot your device.
- Go back to iPhone settings once again > In iCloud settings select Sign in to your iPhone > enter your credentials > Enter Apple ID Verification Code (if you have 2-factor verification) > Enter iPhone Passcode > Merge.
Please leave Scanner opened for a while till the files are synced.
What happens when iCloud sync and backup is disabled
If you disable the "Use iCloud for Sync" and "Store Scans in iCloud Drive" toggles in Scanner Settings, synchronization stops, and your files are kept locally on your device only. This means that your files will not appear in Scanner if you reinstall it or log in with the same Apple ID on a new device.
Please note that if the iCloud backup is turned off, files that disappeared after reinstalling can’t be restored in Scanner in any way. However, if you’d enabled Auto Upload, you may find the scans in the cloud storage you linked to Scanner. While it’s currently not possible to import them back to Scanner, you’ll still be able to access the files.