According to Apple’s standard policies of subscriptions on apps, once a trial ends most subscriptions start automatically and you’re automatically charged for the subscription, and both Scanner Pro and Scanner Mini work this way too.
If you do not consider proceeding with the Scanner app usage and didn't cancel the free trial at least 24 hours before it ended, you can get a refund following a few simple steps described in this article.
How to get a refund
As all the billing processes come through Apple, we have no possibility to send the refund to your credit card directly. In order to get the refund, you need to:
1. Cancel the subscription
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap your name at the top > Subscriptions.
- Select Scanner Pro or Scanner Mini depending on the app you use.
- Tap Cancel Subscription. If you don’t see such an option, this means the subscription is already canceled and won't renew.
2. Request a refund from Apple
As it has been said above, all the billing processes come through Apple, thus we cannot send you the refund directly and you need to contact Apple to get the refund. We would like to draw your attention that we are not able to do it on your behalf. To request the refund, follow these steps:
- Go to reportaproblem.apple.com using any web browser to view your purchase history.
- Sign in under the Apple ID you used to make a purchase.
- Find the item on the Purchases tab. If a charge for an item is pending, you haven’t yet been charged and can’t request a refund. After the charge goes through, try to request a refund again.
- Tap or click Report a Problem to the right of the item.
- Choose ‘I’d like to request a refund’ and describe why.
- Hit Send.
If your request is refused by an automatic reply, please try to contact App Store administration to cancel your purchase. For this:
- Head to https://getsupport.apple.com/.
- Select your location > Billing & Subscriptions > Subscriptions & Purchases > Accidental purchases.
- Email OR Call Apple Support.
If you were unable to get a refund after completing the steps above, please contact us and our Support Team will do their best to handle the case.